Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crock Pot Swiss Steak

Growing up, I always liked to order Iowa's version of Swiss Steak at a restaurant called Carnforth in Victor, IA. The place has been in business for years and I am so glad it continues to thrive admist very small farm towns. I could never find a recipe that seemed close to this, so I just made up my own. Now...I'm not claiming it to be as good as Carnforth's, but it's pretty close!

Sorry this is not very precise, but you can't really mess it up. Just dump and cook. I hope you love it as much as we do!

Crock Pot Swiss Steak

Cube steaks (as many as would feed your family, I had 2 small ones and had plenty of extra gravy)
1 package brown gravy mix
Water or beef broth, approximately 2 cups
Diced potatoes (I used 3 small for the 3, well really 2 of us since Sutton wouldn't touch them)

Dice potatoes and place in bottom of crock pot. Lay cube steaks on top of the potatoes. Add brown gravy mix and water or beef broth. Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours depending on the temperature of your crock pot. I just got a new one that cooks at the speed of light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4