Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grilled Brussels Sprouts




Who knew Brussels Sprouts could be so tasty? I think the only time I had ever had Brussels Sprouts was when I was a child. I'm pretty sure my mom got me to try a canned BS. Let's just say...gross! I always thought I didn't like them from that one experience. As an adult doing Weight Watchers, I decided it was time to try more veggies. My cousin, Lisa, was talking about grilling Brussels Sprouts one night on Facebook. I asked her how she did it and basically did the same thing with my own spice combo. FABULOUS!!! Sean likes them so much that he requests them. I decided to share this wonderful "new to us" find!

Grilled Brussels Sprouts

 First core and pull off the outside leaves of each sprout. Cut in half lengthwise and rinse. I ususally get mine all prepped and then throw them into a collander to rinse.  I usually figure on 8-10 sprouts per person.

Cut off pieces of foil for each portion. Spray each piece of foil with cooking spray. Place sprouts on each piece of foil and season with seasoned salt, pepper and garlic. Top with either a drizzle of olive oil or a small pat of butter or margarine.



Roll up your packets and place on grill on low to medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. Turn at least once while cooking.

Open packets when done and Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4