Monday, February 22, 2010

Couponing

I have recently started couponing. I haven't done a price book or anything yet, as I am just getting started, but I wanted to fill you in on some fun things I've learned. I have started following blogs like Kansas City Mamas and KC Penny Pinchin Mama to find coupon match ups, freebies and fun offers. I will tell you, these ladies know what they are doing. I'm addicted to finding deals. Kansas City Mamas even does a good job of suggesting free or almost free things to give to charity! What a great idea. If you are going to the store anyway, why not pick something up for the less fortunate for free or a low price? Another fun website to follow, especially on Facebook is Mommysavers. This one is national, so not all of the deals can be found where you live. However, I am stocking up on cheap games and toys for Christmas. If I don't have someone in the family to give them to, they will go to donation. A great example lately is some of the toy coupons out there. I recently picked up 2 Pictureka card games for $.24 each! Target has them for $5.24 and there is a coupon for $5.00 off. Hello...that is a no brainer!

If you would like to get started couponing and don't know how, go over to Kansas City Mamas and read their blog about creating a price book and such. It is great! They came and spoke to my Building Better Moms group and I got intrigued. Since then I've been dabbling with couponing and am loving it!

Stay tuned as I am going to post more about different rewards programs, coupon websites, kids clubs, etc. It is great information! I hope you enjoy it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4