Friday, November 13, 2009

Honesty

[honest_scrap_large.jpg]Wow! I just received my very first blog award from Helen! Please check out her blog at www.threetimesthegiggles.blogspot.com. She has the most adorable identical triplet boys you've ever seen! I'm not kidding! All parents of 2 year old girls better watch out. ;) I don't know that I have 7 people to pass it to, but I'll do my best!

Alright, onto the award... Here are the rules.

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.

2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.

3. Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.

4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded.

Honesty about me...

1. I went to school at Iowa State University for Fashion Merchandising. About the only thing I did with my degree was retail management. I will say that I sometimes miss it. Around back to school time and Christmas is when it hits me the most. A bit ironic because I hated the hours I had to work during Christmas time. I liked how busy it was as well as interacting with all of the people.

2. I like to sleep in. There, I said it. I don't get to do it very often anymore. Many times my body doesn't even let me. Let alone the new little "boss" in my life. :)

3. I don't like coffee, tea and wine. You may think I'm weird. Most do. I get my caffeine fix from Diet Mt. Dew most days.

4. I never had a weight problem until my 30's. I am doing Weight Watchers for the 2nd time. The first time I made it to lifetime status right when I found out I was pregnant with Sutton. This time is not going as well. I just can't seem to stay motivated with it.

5. I am an only child. I think that is why friends are so important to me. I feel like they are extended family.

6. I lost my mom about 2 1/2 years ago. We didn't have a very good relationship. She did get to spend her last Christmas here in KC with us and I cherish that. I can't tell you how many of her friends told me how much she said she enjoyed that. She was stubborn and wouldn't have admitted it to me, but they made sure I knew. She wanted more than anything for me to have a baby. She passed away the Wednesday before Easter. The next year, the Wednesday before Easter, I found out I was pregnant. Talk about a guardian angel. :)

7. I'm addicted to tv. I love it. I don't miss a day of Young and the Restless.

8. The best thing I ever did was become a mom! It really is the best job in the world!

9. I love to cook and bake. It's no wonder I have to go to Weight Watchers! LOL!

10. Shopping is my favorite pastime. I even love grocery shopping. I've often thought I should start some kind of personal grocery shopping service. However, Sutton probably wouldn't enjoy it very much. She doesn't like to sit still!

My awards go to...

www.threetimesthegiggles.blogspot.com ~ Helen, right back at you! I love love love reading your blog!

www.greenacresinthecity.blogspot.com ~ Maeghan, I love your wholesome approach to raising your boys and love your recipes!

www.hungrypoodle.com ~ Anne is my WW leader. She posts wonderful recipes and hilarious stories about her dogs. Love it!

www.kansascitymamas.com ~ These ladies spoke at one of my BBM meetings. They've inspired me to try my hand at couponing! Great info!

www.mommysavers.com ~ These ladies know how to find a bargain! I love the constant updates I get on Facebook about deals they have found.

So, I guess I only have 5 to pass it along to for now. Please check out these blogs. They really are fun and informative! :)

2 comments:

Swidget 1.0 4