Monday, November 16, 2009

Cans for Comments

                                         

I was inspired to do this by my fellow blogger, Helen. Since I have also pledged to the church that I would donate items each month through the Hunger Stoppers program this is a great way to help this month! :)

    The way it works is for each new comment I get my on blog this week from now until Saturday at    
    midnight, I will donate 1 non-perishable item to a local food pantry. I am also going to step it up a  
    notch and donate one item for each new follower!

I think this is a pretty simple and easy way to donate. Please help me by leaving comments and/or becoming a new follower. I would love to be loaded down when I go to leave my items! This is a time when food pantries really need excess. Most are struggling right now, so let's help them out!

I would also love for fellow bloggers to jump on board! If you think you can spare the extra cash to donate some items, please join us. As a bonus, you will see your comments and perhaps number of followers jump significantly over the week. Just by doing what you love (reading and commenting on blogs) you can help make an impact at food banks across the country! If you want to join in, click on the button below. It will take you to Helen's blog, www.threetimesthegiggles.blogspot.com. There you can find the html code to add it to yours. You can also put the name of your blog on the Mr. Linky at the bottom!

                                                          

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in Renee! Hope you have to buy lots of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you got the "blog award" from Helen too, and are doing the "Comments for Cans". So just wanted to stop by and say well done, and help your can drive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Donate one for me! I am posting a comment b/c I am not much of a blog type person and don't know how to become a follower anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee -
    We're doing a food drive at work.
    If you'll donate a can to your church for me, I'll donate a can in your name where I work (in addition to the can(s) I'm donating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think this is awesome renee!!! hope you get tons of comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my comment Renee! You're a saint for doing this... hope it's contagious!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4