Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Grocery Bargains!




I really meant to get this posted sooner! I thought I would go ahead and still post it though to show the power of couponing and matching it with sales. I have become obsessed with learning to get better at this. My new slogan is, "Couponing is the new black". LOL!

Hy-Vee had a huge sale on Friday the 13th. With a lot of help from other bloggers about coupon match-ups, here's what I got!

Frozen peas & carrots blend $.99
3 cans green beans at $.49 each
2 cans black beans at $.77 each
2 boxes Hy-vee cereal at $.99 each
1 box Hy-Vee whole wheat spaghetti $1.18
1 5 lb. bag sugar $.99/coupon
1 bag Nestle chocolate chips $1.18 (on sale for $1.68 and matched with $.50 coupon)
6 Pillsbury cake mixes $.89 each sale price (matched with $5 off 10 Smuckers in store coupon)
2 Pillsbury brownie mixes 2 for $3.00 (part of Smuckers coupon, plus $1.00 off 2 coupon)
2 Hungry Jack maple syrup (part of Smuckers coupon plus $1.00 off 2 coupon)
2 McCormick gravy mixes on sale at .75 each paired with $.50/2 coupon
Farmland Bacon on sale for $1.88
10 bags of shredded cheese on sale $1.00 each
1 5 lb. bag russet potatoes on sale $.88
Cure 81 boneless Ham $18.96
Jennie-O turkey FREE! with purchase of ham ($13.58 value)

I got all of this for $52.17! I saved a total of $24.05 with coupons. Normally I wouldn't buy 10 bags of cheese or 6 cake mixes, however, I will use all of these things and won't have to buy any for a long time now! Plus got a ham and a turkey. We will be eating good this winter!

I will try to continue to post deals and savings as I get them. It is really fun so far! Don't forget to take your reusable bags in, too! Most stores will give you $.05 off your bill per bag. :)

5 comments:

  1. Well done Renee! LOL at Couponing is the new black! Don't you love how we've turned "coupon" into a verb? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I did the ham/turkey deal last year and it was a great bargain. Thanks for the insight. By the way I used your cans for comments today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-Hoo, Renee! It's Leah... I did it! I admire your deals and using the coupons! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you already know this with your coupon research but if you go to the stores online site sometimes they have partner sites that you can download coupons onto your shopper card. Also at the beinging of the new year watch for P&G coupons.Last year I bought $50 in thier products and mailed in my reciepts and in return I got a big coupon booklet of coupons. Just thought I would share! :) Happy Shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you considered canning? I taught myself this summer and stocked up on berries when they were in season. Yum!

    Let me know if I CAN show you how! Fun reason to get together!!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4