Monday, October 5, 2009

Sutton's First Visit to a Pumpkin Patch


Oh boy did we have fun today! I was so excited for Sutton's first visit to a pumpkin patch. Heck, it might have even been my first visit to an actual pumpkin patch on a farm! It started with a hay rack ride out to the patch and then we were told how to cut the pumpkins off the vine. It was so fun to watch all of the kids running around. They had a ball! When everyone had their pumpkin, we rode back to where all of the animals were. We got to see pigs, goats, ponies and baby chicks. Sutton just loves goats! I think she thinks the baby goats are dogs, just like Rusty. She calls Rusty, da da (no offense to Daddy, but they are both da da!) and she was calling the goats da da, too.

We went with the mom's group I joined at our church called Building Better Moms. It was really fun to meet the other moms that I hadn't had a chance to at our meetings. I can't wait to see everyone again at our next meeting!

Now that we've been to the pumpkin patch, I want to go to a Cider Mill next. Maybe when Grandpa Thys and Grandma Glenda come down this weekend we will take them, too!

5 comments:

  1. It was fun meeting you this moring Renee!

    Best cider mill in the area? Dunn's Cider Mill. You drove right past it on the way back to 150 Hwy. They seriously have THE BEST cider in Kansas City! We went on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! I saw that on the way. Have you been to Louisburg, too? Both are probably just as far from our house, just curious which one is better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and, it was fun meeting you this morning, too, Helen! I had mommy brain for a second there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessed day. What church are you at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maeghan~ We are at Church of the Resurrection in Leawood. :) The pastor is great!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4