Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mommy's Weekend Away

This last weekend, I went away with my friend, Traci, for a little shopping and time away. It was the first time in at least the 11 months since Sutton was born that I went away and left her and Daddy at the same time. They did great together! Daddy took her out to run some errands on Friday and on Saturday they went to church. Sutton went to the nursery. She has had some issues with being left there, so we are slowly adjusting to it. Sean said when he went to get her, they said she did great until the last few minutes when the little boy she was playing with had to leave. How cute is that?! Watch out Daddy...she already likes boys! :)

As for my time away, it was fun! On Friday, we headed to Osage Beach, MO, aka. The Ozarks. We hit the outlet mall there. I think Traci was a little concerned my shopping weekend wasn't going to pan out when I wasn't buying much there. No worries! I caught up on Saturday when we headed toward Branson. I picked up goodies at Coach Factory (they had an extra 25% off if you donated a dollar toward breast cancer research), Gap Outlet, Jockey, Victoria's Secret and Maurices. Who knew Maurices had jeans that would fit our age! They had a denim sale going on and I got a cute pair of jeans for $24! I highly recommend if you are looking for new jeans at a great price to check them out!

I almost forgot the funniest part of our trip! Friday night we decided to go somewhere and pick up some bottled water and snacks to keep in the hotel and car. We found a grocery store called Paul's Supermarket. Any of you who know me know that I love to joke around in a NY/NJ accent. I spent a lot of vacations as a child in NJ with my mom's family. They have some mean NJ accents. I think I have a pretty good one, too! So, I was joking around talking about "Pauwls" being run out by a bigger chain like Hy-Vee and was being rather loud as we were walking into the store. Traci was cracking up, as was I. The manager who was around our age was walking out of the store at the same time and looked at us like we were drunk. Sadly, we weren't. Of course when we went to check out, he was there again. I said to him that he probably thought we were drunk. He did say that was his first thought. Friday night = Girls out on the town. We said nope! He said, "You must just be high on life then. That's good!" It's probably not near as funny written here, but let me tell you, it was really funny as it was happening. With that, I'll sign off for today. Try to get high on life today and have a good laugh!

1 comment:

Swidget 1.0 4