Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 envelope dry vegetable soup
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 cans buttermilk biscuits

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Add soups carrots and milk. Cook on low 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and add biscuits. Turn crock pot to high heat and let go for approximately 45 minutes.

You could definitely substitute frozen mixed vegetables if you don't have fresh. Also, you could use 2 cans cream of chicken or use cream of potato instead of the cream of celery. There are many versions of this recipe. You can change it to your liking.

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds good! I wonder how I could do it Gluten Free. I have a GF biscuit mix, do you think I could drop spoonfuls on top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Maeghan, I do think that would work! I saw another recipe that used biscuit mix and I think they added a little parsley to the biscuits! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4