Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sweet and Sour Pork Tenderloin

I had seen this recipe in my new Fix It and Forget It Lightly cookbook awhile back and thought that I needed to try it! Well, my FIL who has started to watch the grocery sales thanks to me, his neuortic sale and coupon loving DIL, brought us a ginormous pork tenderloin the other day! We made 10 pork chops and 1 tenderloin out of it and I will still have enough for about 3 more 1 1/2 lb. tenderloins! Crazy! Anyway, I finally got around to trying this super easy recipe and it was delicious!

Sweet and Sour Pork Tenderloin, aka Tasty Pork Tenderloin (according to FI&FIL cookbook)

1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin
12 oz. chili sauce
14 oz. can jellied cranberry sauce
2 Tbls. brown sugar
5 cups cooked rice of your choice (or just enough to serve your family)

1. Place pork tenderloin in slow cooker.
2. Mix together chili sauce, cranberry sauce, and brown sugar. Pour over pork.
3. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours, and then on low 3-4 hours.
4. Serve over rice

Side note from me: I have noticed that my new slow cooker seems to cook a lot faster than my very old ones. Another friend said her newer model tends to cook quickly and burn things, too. So, you may not want to cook this near as long as it says if you have a newer slow cooker. I think I cut the cooking times by half and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4