Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Italian Baked Fish

With the new year always comes a promise to eat better for most of us, right? I remembered that I had some Basa fish fillets in the freezer that needed to be used up, so I brainstormed on what to do with them. I decided to bake them and they turned out great! Here's my recipe.

Italian Baked Fish

2 Basa (or any other whitefish) fillets
1 can tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Parmesan cheese
Dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Salt and pepper both sides of fish they lay in dish. Press garlic into dish on top of fish, spread around evenly. Pour tomatoes on top and bake uncovered for approximately 25 minutes until fish flakes evenly with a fork. With about 5 minutes left to bake, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dried parsley.

I served this with some rice. I used some of the extra juice from the fish and stirred it into the rice, as well as some more Parmesan cheese and parsley. I also sauteed some asparagus and tossed it with salt, pepper, garlic salt and tarragon vinegar. Yum!

 

1 comment:

Swidget 1.0 4