Friday, December 3, 2010

Creamy Salsa Chicken

I seriously thought I had shared this recipe before. I looked through the archives and couldn't find it. I've been asked for it by several people, so here it is. This is good either in tacos, nachos, enchiladas or served over rice. It is easily adaptable as well. If there is something you don't like, just leave it out!

Creamy Salsa Chicken

3lb boneless skinless chicken breast
2 jars salsa (this is easily adaptable, just use what you have on hand, I would assume they mean a 16 oz. jar)
1 can corn, drained (I always use frozen corn because this Iowa girl can't stand canned corn. If you like it, you may want to try Mexi-corn)
1 can black beans, drained
2 packets of taco seasoning
8oz FF cream cheese

Put chicken breasts into crockpot and pour in all ingredients except cream cheese. Stir until taco seasoning is mixed in well. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.

In the last 30 minutes, add cream cheese. After 30 minutes has passed, stir until cream cheese is blended throughout.

Serve over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4