Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fun at CVS this time! :)

I have been paying attention to all of the bloggers writing about their triumphs at CVS. I've been trying to pay attention when we run there occasionally to get this or that and watch for Extra Care Bucks on our receipts. We had $5 in ECB to use up and a coupon for $5 off a $15 purchase. This was my chance to score big! I visited a few blogs, got my coupons together and went off!

One thing I didn't know was that you can scan your card at the little red box coupon spitter out machine more than once at a time. This paid off big today! I ended up getting another random coupon for $2 extra care bucks (this is free money, people!), as well as a coupon for B1G1 Godiva Gems Bags.

So here's what I got:

2 individual Skinny Cow Ice cream cups - on sale for $1 each, I had 2 $1/1 coupons from FB
2 Power Bars ($.99 each, you get $.99 each ECB back)
2 boxes Tampax Pearl (on sale for $2.97, had 2 $2.00/1 coupons to use)
2 Crest toothpaste (on sale for $1.99, had two $.50/1 coupons to use)
1 Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap (on sale for $.99, had a coupon for $1/1)
2 Godiva Gems bags (B1G1 @ $4.99 each)
1 Dove PB bar (clearance $.66 - filler)

So here's the deal, I used the $5/$15 coupon, then all of my other manufacturer and CVS coupons and ECB. I paid $1.70 cash! Remember that I still have $1.98 to use on my next purcahse, so technically I came out $.18 ahead! Woohoo! That's what I call fun at CVS! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is an amazing accomplishment. I am totally in awe of your shopping abilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chae! I steal off of all these cool blogs that do all of the work for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4