Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 2, Day 1 C25K

Well, let me tell you, I almost skipped today. For those of you that are my age or slightly older, you know it gets harder to stay up late the older you get especially if you have kiddos to take care of! We went to a 1st birthday party last night (Saturday) that turned into an adult party afterward. I allowed myself to have a few adult beverages as well as "party" until 11:30 pm! Woohoo! This is a pretty rare event for a 40 year SAHM of a 13 month old! I was feeling a bit rough and thought about skipping the trip to the gym. Luckily I was faced with the fact that Sean has to go out of town this week Monday-Wednesday. That could make getting to the gym those days a little trickier with Sutton's love of the child care there. ;) So, I went. And, you know what? It felt great! I ran off a few calories and felt the satisfaction that I didn't give in to myself!

At week 2, the intervals change to 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking. So far, it's just easing me into this running (in my case jogging) thing. I am enjoying it thus far. FYI...if you want to know what I set the treadmill on, I do 3.0 for walking and 4.5 for running at a 1.5 incline. I have no idea if this is good or not, but it seems to work well for me! Let me hear your story if you are doing this plan or anything else that is working! Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4