Friday, November 20, 2009

A Breakthrough!

I've been struggling with staying focused on my weight loss journey for about the last 6 months. I was doing great and then something just shut off in my head. I have been self sabotaging myself. I got close to my lifetime weight and starting slacking.

Well, this morning I have great news to report! I was down 2.9 pounds from last week for a total of 28.7 since January 2. It really shouldn't take this long to lose that much, but considering I have been out of focus for the last 6 months, it's not so bad. I know the program works because this is the second time I have done it. The first time I lost 35 pounds. Right when I got to my goal weight I found out I was pregnant with Sutton. Talk about a double blessing! Of course the minute we confirmed I was pregnant the eating fest began. I threw everything I had learned out the window. Oh well, it was a fun 9 months and we have a healthy happy bundle of joy who turns 1 next week! So, now I am faced with not only Thanksgiving next week but also Sutton's 1st birthday party. Talk about some food land mines to negotiate. Yikes! I'm glad I had a great week this week because it will motivate me to stay on track. I will try to remember to report next week how it all went.

The moral of my story is don't beat yourself up for some missteps in your weight loss journey. Keep at it. You can do it. If I can, anyone can. I LOVE FOOD and am not ashamed to admit it! :)

Don't forget I am still participating in Cans for Comments through tomorrow at midnight! For each new comment and/or follower I will donate 1 item to Hunger Stoppers! Also, check out Helen's blog www.threetimesthegiggles.blogspot.com and Maeghan's blog www.greenacresinthecity.blogspot.com. They are also participating so leave them some comments, too! As a "team" we can really make a difference!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great week Renee! I'm putting myself through a sweets detox this weekend in order to get myself back on track.

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4