Friday, October 2, 2009

The power of Facebook



As most of you know, I am addicted to Facebook! I have reconnected with people I thought I would never talk to or see again! It is amazing! This weekend, Iowa State is playing at Arrowhead Stadium against Kansas State. I posted on Facebook that we were going and asked if anyone out there was coming down. I now know of at least 3 families I haven't seen in years who are coming. How cool is that? One of my old roommates and her husband are coming down with their neighbors and invited us to tailgate with them. Am I excited? You could say so! I have my ISU outfit and my cd of the ISU marching band all ready to go! Next up...tailgate food! I am trying to think of something festive. Perhaps red and gold cupcakes or cookies. Yummy!

We are even going to the "pep rally" at the Power & Light District tonight. This is a rare treat for us to get to go out without the little one. She loves her sleep and likes to turn in early. So, "Aunt" Traci and "Uncle" Ed are coming to watch her until Grandma Claycamp gets here. She is going to take her all day tomorrow. It will be their first outing together. They are going to watch cousin Raini play volleyball somewhere by Garnett. Mommy is a little nervous, but I know I have to let her do things like this, right? I'm sure they will have a fun day!

Ok...off to make tailgate goodies! I will hopefully have lots of fun pictures to share after tomorrow! GO CYCLONES! :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I understand about leaving little miss. Next weekend Patrick's parents are coming to town to stay with the boys so we can go out of town for our 10th anniversary. I am a little nervous being the first time away from Henry. Cameron was 6mos the first time away from him. Have a blast and know that she is in good hands and the reunion when she sees mama again is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4