Thursday, August 12, 2010

Buttermilk Southwestern Grilled Chicken

  I was trying to think of something I could make to use up the buttermilk I bought to make who knows what the other day! I starting searching recipes and I found this. It was pretty tasty. I didn't brush the chicken with oil and I would definitely recommend doing so! Otherwise it sticks. I learned the hard way. It still came out okay, but would have been easier with the oil. It came out very tasty!
 

Buttermilk Southwestern Grilled Chicken (Bobby Flay)

   2 cups buttermilk
   1 lime, zested and juiced
   3 cloves garlic, chopped
   2 tablespoons ancho chili powder (or any pure chili powder)
   2 teaspoons ground coriander
   2 teaspoons ground cumin
   1 teaspoon turmeric
   Hot sauce, to taste
   1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
   Salt and freshly ground black pepper
   4 bone-in or boneless chicken breasts (I used BSCB tenders because that is what I had on hand)
   Canola oil

Directions

Whisk together the buttermilk, lime zest and juice, garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, turmeric, hot sauce, cilantro, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl. Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag, add the chicken, seal the bag and refrigerate. Marinate bone-in chicken up to 12 hours, boneless up to 4 hours, chicken legs or breasts, up to 24 hours. If using fish, marinate white fish such as snapper, halibut or bass up to 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill pan over medium-low heat for boneless breasts and fish, and medium heat for bone-in breasts, thighs and legs. Remove the meat/fish from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste, on both sides. Grill until golden brown and charred on both sides and just cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4