Friday, March 5, 2010

Spinach & Artichoke Dip Chicken

Ok, friends, here it is! It was very tasty, but rich. I think next time I might add a can of diced tomatoes (drained) to cut the richness. If you have sour cream and want that tanginess, I would use it. I think I might even sneak a bit more cheese in next time. This is a very adaptable recipe to taste. So feel free to change it up as much as you want! Enjoy! :)

Spinach & Artichoke Dip Chicken

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup, lf
10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
14 oz. canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
4 oz. rf or ff cream cheese (the original recipe called for lf sour cream, but I subbed this because I didn't have sour cream on hand)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup water
1/8 cup rf parmesan cheese
1/4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp. black pepper & salt, each or to taste
2 cloves garlic

Spray 2 quart crock pot with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts into crock. In a separate bowl, mix soup, spinach, artichoke hearts, onions, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic, black pepper, & water. Pour mixture over chicken breasts. Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 7-8 hours. Stir in mozzarella cheese right before you are ready to serve. Serve over pasta or rice.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fantastic Renee! As soon as we're all healthy again I'm adding this to my menu!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4