Thursday, October 1, 2009

This is "Sirweus"!


So, as many of my Facebook friends know, I accidentally burned our dinner in the crock pot last night. This is what I get for being organized! Anyway...because of this disaster, we decided to go out to eat. Shortly after we left, I said to Sean, "I think that I left Rusty out". He assured me that I didn't. When we got home there was a note on our door. Sean went up and read it and comes back to the car and says I did leave Rusty out. Ok, thanks for letting me know that, but where is he? Sean has a bit of a 'flair for the dramatic'. My heart was pounding through my chest. Finally he said the neighbors have him! Sheesh! He was just fine.

Fast forward a few hours later, when the story actually becomes funny. Sutton is a big fan of "The Wonder Pets". For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a cute little cartoon show on Nick Jr. It is about three little "pets", consisting of a duckling, hamster, and turtle. Needless to say they all talk in baby voices. The premise of the show is that they always get a call about an animal in "twouble". Then they go to save it. The little duckling always says, "This is "Sewius". We have watched it quite a bit lately and it just makes Sean and I laugh. So, what does this have to do with the story? All of the sudden Sean starts singing..."Ring, ring! Ring, ring!" "There's an animal in twouble! It is Rusty, he's on the patio! His mommy locked him out!" And then in the duck voice he says, "This is sewius!" That just made me lose it! I was laughing so hard I almost wet my pants...literally! It got us to laughing so hard there was silence. I love when something tickles me so much I almost cry! Laughter is the best medicine!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Cameron is still a huge fan of Wonderpets! Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally can relate to the animal voices and all... Nick Jr. is on DAILY around here!!! Lookin' forward to reading more of your blog...so glad you went with Sweet and Sour Sutton...it's totally adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also a favorite in our house! We always use the "What's gonna work? Teamwork!" when we're trying to get something done together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Renee...this is getting a little too funny... on Sunday Haven was "flying" his Buzz Lightyear around singing "This is Sewious, we have to help him...save the bear, save the bear, save the bear!" I'm beginning to think our lives run parallel in some strange twiligh-y zone universe or something! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin~ That is too cute! We are definitely related, there's no doubt about that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 4