Saturday, October 8, 2011

Seafood Bisque

 Ok, let me start by saying this is very rich, yummy, but rich. If you intend to just use it as an appetizer soup, you could make it as is. However, if you are making it as your meal, this is what I would suggest. I would turn it into more of a chowder. I think next time I will definitely add a couple of chopped potatoes and probably a bag of frozen corn. I used as much low fat or fat free ingredients as I could and it was still rich. Also, since we live in Kansas and can't get fresh seafood, I just picked up a bag of frozen shrimp. You could probably even use more than 1 pound of seafood in it. It's a pretty flexible recipe. Experiment with it and let me know what you come up with! Enjoy! :)


Seafood Bisque

pint half and half
2 blocks cream cheese
teaspoon old bay or zatarans seasoning
1 can cream of potato
1 can cream of shrimp ( OK if you can't find it just use two potato)
 1 pound of crawfish OR shrimp OR lobster ( just whatever is local or easy to find)
cook on low
It is rich but you could use fat free cream cheese and fat free 'cream of' soups
Can add canned corn if you feel it needs a little color or textureteaspoon old bay or zatarans seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4