Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spicy Baked Beans

This is my favorite recipe for baked beans. I never used to be a fan of them until I moved here and had some pretty awesome beans at Jack Stack. I decided to do a search for baked beans and found this recipe. It's not Jack Stack, but I think they are pretty darn good!

Baked Beans

1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. canola oil
4 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans (I use a variety of Bush's)
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbls. lemon juice
2 tbls. balsamic or cider vinegar
2 tbls. chili powder
2 tbls. finely chopped jalapeno
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. liquid smoke

Saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add to beans and the rest of the ingredients in casserole dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

1/2 cup serving:

205 calories
4 g fat
8 g fiber
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 4